


The other night our dogs were going crazy! Mark stuck his head out our sliding glass door to tell them to shut up, just off our deck was this young bull moose. The next morning it was gone. We thought nothing of it. The next night I about hit the moose on the road, I ended up chasing it into our yard. Everyone thought this was pretty fun to have a moose in our yard, until Mark had to go give Roxy (our dog a pain pill, she had been spade that same day). The moose was on the south end of the house and Mark figured he could go to the dog kennel and the moose would stay there. Well, half way to the kennel Mark turned around to see this young moose charging him!!! He ran back to the garage and slammed the door. When he opened the garage door the moose's nose was right there!!! Finally the moose went to the front yard. I stood guard to make sure it didn't run to the backyard and run Mark down while he fed the dogs. The moose ended up staying the night in our yard. The next morning we tried shooting it in the rump with an air soft gun. It would run and then turn to charge, we tried all kinds of noise and yelling, etc. to no avail. The kids had to go get on the bus, the sound of the bus scared the moose and it started running to the front yard. I yelled at Mark to yell at the kids and tell them to run!! I have never seen my boys run so fast to catch the bus. The moose ran right back to the dog kennel. The dogs were barking at it and it would charge their kennel and kick at them. Dash thought it was his friend. His tail was wagging as the moose approached him steaming mad. They nuzzled for a split second. Dash had no idea that this moose would kill him if he could. Finally, Mark had to leave for work and gave up on giving Roxy another pain pill. His truck scared the moose away from the kennel and back into our backyard. I scared it around our house by pounding on the windows and finally opening our garage doors and it finally took off and ran down the road. I am sure it will be back to work on pruning the rest of the trees in the yard. I will keep you updated. Mark told the kids they better not be feeding the thing any muffins! I am sure they will bolt back to the house when the bus drops them off this afternoon!
5 comments:
One of your kids MUST be feeding it muffins! What a cute new pet you have.
What a cute new pet! I think between the new cat "foster" and the moose you guys MUST be good foster parents! I'm sending over the skunk in my back yard!
How scary, but funny! Moose are the weirdest/craziest animals ever. Good luck getting rid of it.
That is pretty funny. I hope he does not make himself a new home.
Crazy!! Maybe your moose in Wyoming is like our bear here. We had one parked in the tree in our front yard off and on for the whole month of September 2007. I prefer animals that are SMALLER than me.
Post a Comment