Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Johnson Family Yellowstone Trip






Twenty-four people all sleeping under our roof!  I wasn't sure it could be done, but we all had a great time.  Mark was not happy that I bought 650 water balloons.  He gets tired of hearing me say, "it is all about the memories."  We made some great ones!
Speaking of memories... Yippee I Yo.  That is all I need to say.  This is my kids favorite place to go in Jackson.  Yes, it drives me a little crazy, it is pricey and I always end up with taffy and sucker sticks stuck in the carpet of the van. Oh well, they wont be talking about my clean car at my funeral, but they just might mention the candy store. :)
OK, I finally have proof that I am not the only disturbed person in this family!
 Linnea with her Tetons!
Cael, always keeping life interesting! (Notice the look on Sammy's face..."what is wrong with this kid?")
First stop, Jenny's Lake, Cael jumps right in before I can stop him.  The water is ice cold!! All the tourist were there to see the beautiful scenery!  They picked the wrong day for a scerene, quiet moment.
 We were thrilled to see this Grizzly up close and personal.  When it started walking up toward us it got my heart ponding and I pushed all the kids back in the car.


What a bunch of cheese balls!  My kids had so much fun riding with and seeing the park with their cousins.
Yellowstone Falls
I have to admit that this guy got my heart racing a little bit.  There was a fence between him and I, but I could have touched him if I wanted to.  He got cornered a bit and I saw the look in his eye that said, "you are going down." I quickly took my picture and got out of there.  Not without being reprimanded by a guy in green pants and a dorky hat!  Yes, I know I could have been one of those idiots on the "Today Show" saying," I just wanted to get a good picture."
We saw this black bear, also.  I have never seen a bear in the wild/park. We sat and watched him take a bath in the creek.
I ran the boys to the fish scramble downtown and Spencer caught a fish.  Caleb brought up some fish intestine and I told him I would give him $20 to eat it.  His dad told him he would give him $20 and grandpa threw in $5.  Oh man, pressure was on.  He had been saving his money for a game.  It took him several tries but he finally got it down.  It brought a good laugh!

1 comment:

Anna Linnea said...

Oh my gosh. TJ is such a dork!