I do have to share a story about preparing for the party. The kids came home from school when I was in the middle of making the cake, etc. They were sooo excited and hyper for the party. They kept asking, and asking when the party was going to start? Finally, dad made it home from work and I was putting the finishing touches on the cake, just about ready to put the cake topper on the cake.
I have got to give you a brief history on the cake topper. It was my youngest brothers cake topper on his cake when he turned 1. He is now 21. My mom gave it to me to use on Gehrig's cake. It was a ceramic number one that said My First Birthday. It had a little duck and mouse on it.
Well I was just ready to put it on the cake, when Jake grabbed it in excitement to help and dropped it on the floor. It broke in several pieces. I proceeded to tell Jake the history of the cake topper and had him in tears. Mark went to find him and tell him some story of when he was a little boy and broke something of his mom's by throwing a Twinkie at his brother. Jake calmed down and came down just as I was trying to salvage the "1" to put on top of the cake so we could sing "Happy Birthday" and get pictures. He grab a piece to help and dropped it again. I asked him, probably not too nicely, to get out of the kitchen. Once again I had him in tears. Well we did get the one on top of the cake (minus the mouse), but we had to retire it to the garbage after pictures. Why are birthday parties so stressful and eventful??
No comments:
Post a Comment