

Jake had immediately complained that his arm hurt when he hit the ground. He never really cried about it. Once in a while he would say it hurt a little, so we would give him some Tylenol. It took 5 minutes to get his glove on the night he hurt it, so he could go make one run. ( You know jump back on the horse that bucks you off). Mark wanted to make sure he wasn't traumatized by the whole experience. So he made another run that night. He has complained very little. So we voted to wait until something pushed us to think it was broken. (because a 30 foot drop was not enough, ha, ha) He came home from school yesterday and said he fell once at recess and it hurt real bad. He has been favoring it a bit and when I had him hold up his arms together, I could definitely tell that it was swollen. So I called the doctor's office and got him an appointment for this morning. Sure enough it was broken, nothing displaced but a pretty good fracture right through the big bone by his wrist. He kept smiling when I told him it was broken. With his two front teeth missing it looks like he as been in quite a fight. He cried only because he did not want to go to school because everyone would stare at him. What a tough little guy!!!
2 comments:
What a tough little boy! That's crazy, but not surprising, that it's broke. It's good that it wasn't displaced or anything. What is boyhood without a few broken bones, right? He has nothing to worry about, though. A broken arm is awesome at that age. At least I thought it was cool to sign casts.
Ouch! What a tough little man! Give him our love. When I showed Caleb the pics, he thought it was really cool that both teeth were missing AND he had a cast.
Post a Comment