Monday, March 2, 2009

Jake caught some major air!



Jake was riding up the ski lift with dad.  Connor and mom were two chairs behind.  Mark was looking down a run and felt Jake shift next to him.  He turned to see Jake slipping off the lift.  He tried to grab his coat, but he slipped through his hand.  He couldn't see Jake because he was under his chair, but he heard him hit the groomed trail below.  Connor said mom Jake fell off the lift.  I turned to see Jake lying in a pile.  It didn't take long for him to realize what happened and start screaming.  After yelling, "what the h--- happened" (I have to share this part and I will explain why later),  I asked Jake what hurt and he said his arm, I told him we would be right there and to lay still.  It took us probably 2 or 3 minutes to get off the lift and ski down to him.  He had calmed down and luckily seemed to be fine.  Someone had called for Ski Patrol and they soon arrived with toboggan in tow.  They asked Jake when he had last ate and he told them he had a brownie for breakfast.  They put a sling on his arm and loaded him in the toboggan.  When we got to the bottom I asked him how the ride was, he replied "fun".  They checked him out in the ski patrol lodge and he seemed to be fine.  We decided to watch his wrist and see if it still hurt in a couple of days.  Connor told my dad he was going to write about this in his journal but he couldn't write what his mom had said.  My dad told him just to write dashes after the "h".  Thanks dad.  Jake came home from school today and said he fell on his wrist at lunch and it hurt really bad.  So we will be going to the doctor tomorrow to get an x-ray.

3 comments:

Anna Linnea said...

What the h--! Poor Jakie! He is one lucky boy not to be hurt worse then that. Hopefully all is well with his arm.

wurstens5 said...

Hope he is ok. That is scary.

Lynn Johnson said...

Kammi,
Jake's injury pictures make me want to cry for him!!!

Does his new cast go above the elbow? I hope not.
Love,
Grandma Johnson