Saturday, May 30, 2009

T-I-M-B-E-R

If it is not working on a remodeling project or the yard, then we must be getting firewood!  Mark and I have great memories of getting firewood with our families growing up.   We wanted to build some of those same memories with our boys so we decided we are going to take out one of our gas fireplaces and replace it with a wood burning fireplace. Our house is quite reliant on electricity so we wanted to make sure we had a way to heat our house if the power ever goes out. Plus I think mostly Mark wanted a good reason to buy a chainsaw!  We had a great day up Grey's River what a beautiful area.  They boys loved watching their dad fall some trees and they were such great little helpers.  The smell of fresh cut wood definitely took me back to my childhood.  I wonder if we will ever just sit home for a full day?  Would I like it? I don't know but I swear I am going to find out some time! Ha, Ha!

1 comment:

wurstens5 said...

You guys have such fun adventures!!