Thursday, May 14, 2009

Tough Kid!


I felt horrible when I saw the x-rays!  You could tell his arm had been fractured and was now healing.  About 4 weeks earlier, Cael fell all the way down our stairs in our house.  Mark and I just heard it happen!  Cael cried hard for about one minute and said my arm hurts.  Mark and I both said thought that it was possible that he broke his arm.  I thought, I would watch him the rest of the day to see if he favored it or said anything about it hurting.  He said nothing and he was his crazy, somersaulting self!  About two weeks later Mark was playing with him and grabbed both his wrist and he started crying.  We both were surprised that he cried.  So we thought lets watch it AGAIN!!!  Well, he said nothing unless we would squeeze his arm then he would say oooww!  Don't ask me what the final straw was that broke the camels back, but I decided to get him in to the doctor today.  It was quite a bad fracture it was angulated and the doctor said if it would have been an adult he would have probably  have to have had surgery to pin it!  After Cael had his x-rays he wanted to know why it still hurt?  He thought that the x-rays should fix his arm so it didn't hurt any more.  He was all smiles getting his cast on!(He only has to wear it for 2 weeks)  He was getting a cast like Jake!  Mom too, thinking that we have a good chance of meeting our $5000 insurance deductible this year again!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Guess what? With all of those boys you'll be meeting that deductible for many, many years to come.