We had a great Labor day weekend on the South Fork (near Irwin, Id). My whole family was there except for Lance and his family (we missed you). Actually as many times as Lance texted or called it felt like he was practically there! I think he was bored in church. We fished on the drift boat and hiked up Palisades creek, dutch-ovened and sat around the fire telling stories. Don't ask what Jake was doing with tinfoil on his face because we have no idea, but it was good for a laugh. Jake recieved a head wound during a battle under the campers at night. He was pretty proud of it and we had to wait to wash if off to show grandpa and dad. The biggest adventure, if you can call it that, was Jake and William getting lost. Everyone had loaded up in the trucks to get on the boats and fish the South Fork. My mom and I were staying behind with the baby. William decided he didn't want to go, so I walked out to the truck to see if Jake wanted to stay behind with William. He said yes and got out of the truck. I thought they were heading down to play army in a field. When I went in the cabin to talk to my mom they had changed their minds and got back in the truck to go fishing. So about 15 minutes later I walked down to the field to check on William and Jake and they were not there. I quickly walked down to the Snake River to make sure they hadn't disreguarded my instructions to stay away from the river. They were not there either. So I ran back up to camp to tell my mom and brother that I couldn't find the boys. I started checking every campground and had several campers out looking for them as well. We started making our circle wider and I checked everywhere at least three times. Finally my brother said," Kam we have got to call the police it has been at least a half hour and they should have heard us by now." So I called 911 and I was giving a description to the dispatcher when my mom decided to call the guys and tell them what was going on. Connor said, "Jake and William are with us!" I quickly cancelled the 911 call and my mom called to yell at the guys! Mark said the worst part was when my mom called he had a huge fish on and he missed it! Jerk! What a scare! Other then that we had a wonderful weekend.
1 comment:
You and me... same, same. Labor day was our dramatic injury, too.
Post a Comment