Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Soccer

Do you know how when you are raising kids you kind of have some visions of what they will become or do in life?  Well, I can promise you that soccer has never been invisioned by Mark or I.  Connor loves soccer and baseball.  To Mark's dismay I made Connor choose between football and soccer this year.  Connor chose soccer.  We know so very little about soccer, but I guess we are going to have to learn.  Connor's team were the underdog's going into this tournament.  Connor had played goalee all year and he did really well.  The morning of the tournament Mark and I talked to him about being more aggressive and that as a goalee you can not be worried about getting hurt.   Connor's team played 3 games and Connor didn't let one ball past him.  Some of the parent's came up to us after the game and said they had a new nickname for Connor: "Firewall Johnson".  His coach said if she had a choice she would have made him MVP of the tournament. He was pretty beat up, but thrilled that their team to 1st place in the tournament!  We are proud of you Connor.  Maybe someday your mom will figure out the rules. ( Where is Tyler and Adria when you need them.)





No comments: